Bluebird Tea Co, Vegan Advent Calendar / Day 15 – 24 + SALE!

So we come to the final 10 days of the Bluebird Tea Co Advent Calendar. Unfortunately I have been disappointed several times by the contents over these 10 days but I have also had the chance to try a few new flavours. So what was in final part of the calendar?
First Flush Darjeeling, Bluebird Tea Co
First Flush Darjeeling, Bluebird Tea Co
Day 15 – Bluebird Pin Badge
This badge is so cute. A little pin that I can put on my Lush bag when I go to uni. Hopefully they will be selling these (and other nice merchandise) on their site soon.
Day 16 – Skinny Minny
This was a very light tasting tea so great if you don’t like strong flavours. I drank this after breakfast to east digestion throughout the day and to give me a natural energy kick as it is great for digestion and boosting metabolism.
Day 17 – Vegan-friendly Snowball
I was really looking forward to this tea. Black tea with coconut, cocoa and veggie marshmallow – YUM! As this was hand-packed, it came in a special tea bag unlike the others. I accidentally ripped it but this was fine as I put the contents into my meshed teapot. Alas no marshmallows!?! I was so excited to try a marshmallowy tea and when it came down to it, there were none.
Very pretty but where are the marshmallows?
Very pretty but where are the marshmallows?
Day 18 – Another delicious vegan chocolate
Day 19 – Dozy Girl
I am a big fan of relaxing teas. If you often drink chamomile tea then this one is for you. My job makes me very stressed and I find drinking certain teas to calm me right down. This is chamomilelemon verbena, hibiscus, rose petals and lavender. Very therapeutic with a fragile taste. This is without doubt going to be in my shopping basket in the future. Great for calming down as well as for dozy boys.
Day 20 – First Flush Darjeeling
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this. Despite brewing for a very long time, the tea was still rather weak tasting. I was a bit annoyed when I saw that the ‘regular’ calendar contained a Pumpkin Pie tea instead.
This is already one of my favourite teas. Sweet, floral and just delicious. See my full review here.
Day 22 – Lemon Matcha
Another great matcha. I must admit that I have been very happy with the size of these sample tins as I still have a tiny bit left in my first tin. They last several cups. The lemon isn’t as strong and zesty as I thought it might be but this is a good thing as I can enjoy the taste of the matcha with a little hint of lemon in the background.
Day 23 – Another vegan caramel chocolate.
Day 24 – Christmas Cake
I wish that there was something different behind this door, something special to celebrate Christmas Eve. Instead I had to end my calendar on an annoyed note as this tea contained ‘hardened peanut oil’ in the snowflake sprinkles of which I could only see one (to make matters worse). But my loss was my partners gain. It smelt good and tasted amazing. At least I know what to get him for Christmas next year.
Christmas Cake tea, Bluebird Tea Co
Christmas Cake tea, Bluebird Tea Co
I loved the candle and pin badge but I do not think it was worth the amount paid. Perhaps if there were two teabags behind each door and maybe a special treat behind the last door like a spoon or tea mesh then that would justify the cost but if I had known I was paying £35 for 18 bags of tea (one of which I was allergic to so couldn’t drink), 4 chocolates, a pin badge and a tea light candle then I would have reconsidered my purchase.
It it not all doom and gloom however. I have looked forward to opening my calendar every day and I have been browsing his 72 hour Boxing Day Sale, considering which teas I will pick (Monkey Chops and Jelly + Ice Cream). With so many advent calendars, there is a lot of competition and I am happy that Bluebird took other dietary needs into account and offered a vegan alternative to their regular calendar. Not many companies would even think about that so thank you. I look forward to seeing their limited edition spring teas!

24 thoughts on “Bluebird Tea Co, Vegan Advent Calendar / Day 15 – 24 + SALE!

• December 30, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Its great to see companies cater to a Vegan audience and at least you can pick the flavours you want next time! The Honey Bee flavour sounds absolutely lovely and I am having a good nose through your blog now!

Char xo || http://www.memoirsmusings.com

• January 1, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Thank you very much. Honey Bee is definitely one of my favourite flavours. Tasty and calming.

• January 2, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I suffered from the worst kind of bronchitis this past month. I'm still getting over it but it made me like tea a lot more than I did. Thanks for the links, I'm definitely interested in trying some of these. The Dozy Girl sounds good!

Happy New Year, Helen!

Ron | Nearby Wanderer

• January 2, 2017 at 6:01 pm

I've never had anything from Bluebird although of heard of their teas many times! I should try it out. I LOVE tea but don't tend to branch out very often. And I love that this is catered towards vegans, I am not a vegan per-say but I try to eat a plant-based diet as often as I can. Thanks for this post! Happy new year!

Jaycee | anthropolojay.com

• January 2, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Thank you. Bluebird do such fun flavours so defo worth checking out their site.

• January 2, 2017 at 7:33 pm

That sounds like a cool advent calendar! I haven't heard about the brand before, but I'll definitely look more into it 🙂

• March 1, 2017 at 5:55 pm

They are based in Brighton but also have a shop in Bristol. There's a 3rd store but I can't remember where that is. I buy it all from their website though.

• January 3, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Dozy Girl and Honey Bee Beautiful sound so delicious. I love the idea of tea advent calendar, its a great early present idea for tea lovers.

• March 1, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Honey Bee Beautiful is one of my favourites. Such a lovely subtle honey taste without there actually being any honey in it.

• January 3, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Alot of these teas sounded delightful, never really seen a tea advent calendar so now I know what to get for next year 🙂 and you can choose the flavours you prefer which is good 🙂

• March 1, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Yes! I will definitely be looking at getting another tea advent calendar this year.

• January 3, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Haha true where are the marshmallows? Was expecting some bigger white spots even though I know it would've not been the normal size ;p

• March 1, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Yes. I was a bit disapointed about that. Veggie marshmallows was a big selling point to me so annoying that there weren't actually any there.

• January 3, 2017 at 7:56 pm

It sounds like a lovely idea, but in theory maybe it doesn't work out so well? Love the idea though 🙂

• March 1, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Ooh maybe you just haven't tried the right kind of teas yet. Chocolate black tea maybe? Yum.