15 thoughts on “Not Your Standard Obstacle Course, Tough Mudder!

• September 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Helen, you are tough. And kudos to you for completing this all alone. I have never done anything like this and not sure if I could. Swimming in the dark – not something I think I would enjoy.

• September 30, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Thanks. I appreciate all your comments. The whole team spirit of the event made it very enjoyable so whilst you may not be thinking "ooh swimming in ice water sounds fun", the sense of achievement after makes it so worth it.

It's definitely a team event and you can do it if you put your mind to it. On YouTube there are videos of people doing all the obstacles with missing limbs and a few weeks ago a lady did it in a wheelchair. Truly inspirational!

• September 30, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I will check out the Youtube videos. Thanks.
      And maybe I might also gather some courage and do this someday.

• October 2, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Wow! Tough surely is an understatement?! Congratulations for completing it; what an achievement. We would love to try an event like this!

Great post; thanks for sharing.

x Roch & Tash x

• October 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

It was the most grueling thing I've ever, ever done and can't wait to do it again. You should look into it. There are loads of similar ones too like Warrior Adrenaline Race and Mud Runner.

• October 6, 2013 at 6:31 pm

That sounds incredible. Well done you for finishing it! I'm gonna look into it and maybe try..
    Adela x

Misspinkstyle.net

• October 6, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Thank you ^^ I'm very proud. Like I said in another reply, there are loads of similar events such as Warrior Adrenaline Race, Mud Runner and Tough Guy. Do it do it do it! The sense of achievement after is incredible.

• October 7, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I only found out about Tough Mudder a few months ago and I'd love to do it! I'm not a fan of running but i like the idea of the obstacles. However that ice pool sounds awful, i hate being underwater, argh!! I think I'd need to do it a team for the moral support, well done you! xx

• October 7, 2013 at 9:30 pm

There are loads of similar events. Zest magazine do an annual 'zest girls bog adventure' a nice obstacle race that's only a few miles and not quite as extreme but still a fun team event.

• October 8, 2013 at 3:53 pm

WOAH. This is incredible! I'd heard of Tough Mudder but was never really sure what it entailed.
    What an achievement, congratulations!!!
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

• October 10, 2013 at 10:29 pm

There are very few feelings better than a bubble bath after a lot of exercise!

• Pingback:Spa Day at The Malvern Spa & Hotel - Review » Tea in the Tub