I love experimenting with drinks by trying to make something healthy yet delicious which you may have noticed if you read my Top 6 Summer Trends
I promised you lovely readers that I’d share this recipe so here it is.
|Enjoying a Green Tea Latte in San Francisco
Green tea once of the best drinks you can drink for your health. If have so many amazing health properties. Here is a great website with more info about the endless health benefits. Not only is it super good for you but it is extremely delicious.
Since writing this post, Starbucks have finally brought their green tea latte over to the UK. When travelling, this is my favourite drink both iced and hot. Even though you can now buy it here (wahooo!) not everyone lives near a Starbucks, including me so I have managed to create my own Starbucksesque iced latte. Enjoy!
- 2 heaped tsp Matcha Powder depending on taste
- 1tbsp hot water
- Drop of vanilla essence (optional)
- 4 or 5 ice cubes
- 1tbsp honey (optional) – can be substituted with maple syrup, agave syrup, brown sugar etc
- 250ml soya milk – or any other milk of your choice
- Add matcha powder to blender*
- Whisk or stir matcha powder with hot water until smoothish
- Add the optional honey and vanilla
- Add 2 ice cubes and milk
- Add remaining ice cubes
*If you do not own a blender or smoothie maker, you can simply stir all the ingredients together in a measuring jug but I’d recommend only using a total of 3 ice cubes so that it isn’t too watered down.
What is your favourite Starbucks drink? Have you tried a green tea latte before?