|Easy Apple Puffs. Low fat and delicious!|
- I haven’t shared a recipe on here in yonks so thought it was about time. Recently I had a craving to do some baking and luckily had all the ingredients I needed to make some delicious, low fat apple puffs which can easily be made vegan. They are really easy and barely take any time to prepare.
4 apples (or 2 large Bramley apples). The sharper tasting the better. I used a couple of Granny Smiths, a Jonathan and a Fuji.
Margarine – for greasing the tray.
1/2tsp Nutmeg *optional*
2 Puff pastry sheets – check ingredients to make sure they are vegan. Many Jus Roll products are vegan friendly 🙂
Splash of milk – to brush onto pastry (I used oat milk.)
1tbsp brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Peel and chop your apples, removing the core. Put into a saucepan over a medium heat with a splash of water, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Grease your muffin tray with a bit of
4. Take your puff pastry sheets and cut into 12 equal
each muffin tray compartment.
your apple mix into the middle of each square then fold each corner into the
8. Place in the oven for around 15 minutes until lovely and golden brown.