I am the kind of person who takes tea to uni with me and always has tea in my bag just in case. I have tried many brands over the years so when friends and family ask unusual flavour recommendations, I send them straight to the Bluebird Tea Co website.
|Honey Bee Beautiful, Bluebird Tea Co*|
Bluebird Tea Co started in Brighton, a city on the top of my UK ‘To Visit’ list. As well as being a tea shop, they often host events like tea based cocktail evenings. Yes please! Recently they opened a store in Bristol which is only over the bridge from me so I’m looking forward to visiting and stocking up on Monkey Chops.
I have placed several orders with them now and am looking forward to starting their Vegan Advent Calendar. Whilst I am yet to try a flavour I disliked, these are my current top 5:
1. Monkey Chops: This is my ultimate Bluebird Tea. I think I got through my last 30g pack in under a week. Imagine your standard builders brew but with the addition of creamy sweet bananas. It is not overpowering and nothing like a liquid banana. Instead it is the perfect balance with natural sweetness from the banana meaning you don’t need to add as much sugar. Yay!
2. Mocha Chai: I do not like coffee. There, I said it. Sorry, not sorry. Still I purchased this and I am glad I did. It is a delicious regular black tea with a lovely chocolately taste and a subtle hint of coffee. Perfect! It contains real chocolate drops and actual coffee beans so the flavours are completely genuine.
3. Cherry Bakewell: This is a super good-for-you award winning white tea with a naughty taste. I’ve tried a popular brand’s version of bakewell in tea form and was very underwhelmed but this one is great. In fact I’m drinking one right now. A hibiscus base with chunks of real cherry. A completely guilt free dessert in a cup.
|Cherry Bakewell, Bluebird Tea Co|
4. Choco Pops: Whilst talking about guilt free treats, Choco Pops goes one step beyond. A chocolatey black and green tea with popped rice. It tastes even better than it sounds. I was in love when I first opened up the pack and smelt it, let alone drank it. Chocolately bliss without the high fat and high calories. No wonder my sample pack ran out so soon!
5. Honey Bee Beautiful: I have had this as a free sample in two of my orders now and will be buying the full sized in my next order. This red tea would make any hummingbird happy. A soothing, relaxing honey nectar drink that is so delicate. Don’t let the name fool you. This is actually vegan as the honey flavour comes from the Honeybush plant.
6. Terrys Tea – Whilst not my favourite, this one deserves a mention. (sorry to bore regular readers here) I loooove chocolate orange combo. I am obsessed but unfortunately this one is not for me. If you like your tea black then go for it. When I added milk, it curdled. This will come as no surprise to the wiser of you. Milk (of any kind) will curdle when introduced to citrus. A sad reality.
|A few more to my collection|
Bluebird Tea Co are definitely one of my favourite tea brands. Each season brings a new bunch of limited edition teas which are always creative and fun. The company are very conscious of different dietary requirements so nobody is left out.
I have a few Bluebird Tea Co items on my Christmas wishlist like their Latte Milk Frother that doesn’t require any batteries or electricity, just a good shake. I also really want to go to their Tea Blending Workshop in Bristol and join their VIP Tea Club.
As I mentioned, I have their Vegan Advent Calendar. By request, I am going to share what I get every 7 days in the run up to Christmas so make sure you stop by Tea in the Tub often.
Have you tried Bluebird Tea Co? What are your favourite unusual flavours?
*Some of these items I received at a discounted price a long time ago but the majority I have purchased at full price as I love the brand.