Meeting The Animals At Dean Farm Trust

Back in December, my local farm sanctuary Dean Farm Trust hosted a few guided tours. I grabbed the chance to meet all the animals and eat tasty vegan food with my niece. I’ve been on an unguided visit which I mentioned in my ‘Why I am not a vegan‘ post (don’t worry, I am vegan!)
Volunteering by cleaning out the duck pond and moving a hen house. In the summer of 2018 I offered seated massage at their open days. As such, I’ve never properly had the chance to meet the residents.

What the cluck?
What the cluck?

11 thoughts on “Meeting The Animals At Dean Farm Trust

• February 1, 2020 at 7:37 pm

I wish there were more places like these. I think it would encourage more people to think about these kinds of animals as conscious beings, rather than commodities. Near where I live in Manchester we have a donkey sanctuary though, which is lovely and always busy.

• May 26, 2020 at 8:02 pm

I love donkeys! For my birthday years and years ago my family took me to a local horse sanctuary. That was great fun.

• February 1, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Such a cute selfie!!!

• February 2, 2020 at 1:36 am

My son would love this. He’s obsessed with farm animals. I’d love the opportunity to learn about vegan options. I’ve been eating more plants and haven’t really had a taste for meat.

• February 2, 2020 at 12:13 am

Chickens are so precious. They are sentient beings and should be loved, cherish, and treasured. When I use to live in Toccoa, Georgia back in 2008, I met a family down the road that had a pet chicken. The chicken was so intelligent, he would walk towards me when I would call him by his name. It looks like you had a wonderful time. So cute.

• February 2, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Aww, this sounds like a lovely place! What a horrible tv show though! Let’s hope that shows like that will not exist anymore in the future.

• May 26, 2020 at 8:01 pm

It is a strange concept for a TV show. I suppose at least it might make viewers think more about the animal they are eating.

• May 24, 2020 at 3:26 pm

This place sounds lovely, I love your pictures!
    I’ve got a sanctuary near to me which I love visiting, I rescued my cat from there too.

• May 26, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Ah thats cool. There are animal rescue centres nearby too but this sanctuary is already the animals forever homes.

• May 31, 2020 at 6:35 pm

I love these pictures so cute! I haven’t visited a farm in ages you forgot how exciting it is!