Getting through Covid19 -The Mental Health Tag

Mental health is at the forefront of our minds now that we are in out second lockdown. I am in the fortunate position of being isolated with family, my dogs and in a beautiful forest but many do not have these luxuries. Like many people with mental health issues, I look totally “normal” and happy on the outside but my brain has other ideas. Please feel free to take part.

The Mental Health Tag
The Mental Health Tag

22 thoughts on “Getting through Covid19 -The Mental Health Tag

• November 10, 2020 at 4:25 pm

Thank you for being so open and vulnerable in your discussions here. It is important for us to share what it’s really like living with mental health struggles, as well as the fact that it is FAR more common than many people realize! I really connected with your ‘calm’ place, nothing helps me to calm down and center myself more than being outdoors with our dogs. That’s why we spend so much time camping and hiking.

• November 11, 2020 at 7:42 pm

I love camping but for me it is definitely a summer activity haha!

• November 11, 2020 at 2:34 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and journey with mental health. And well done you for reaching out and asking for help, it’s very daunting yet it’s definitely worth it! I also have depression, and in my worst moments, I either sleep it off or distract my mind with puzzles or jam-packed to-do lists

Sophie x

• November 11, 2020 at 7:41 pm

Distraction is a tactic I use too although it is often very hard to do. Reading always takes my mind off things but sometimes picking up a book can the most difficult thing.

• November 11, 2020 at 7:40 pm

I think it is such an important thing to talk about. We talk about our physical health so let’s talk about our mental health too.

• November 13, 2020 at 1:12 pm

You are welcome. I hope it helped.

• November 11, 2020 at 11:20 pm

I wasn’t aware of this blogger tag. I think it’s so important to talk about mental health though. Thanks for sharing! I am with you on the outdoors being a great escape – it always helps my mood and anxiety levels. How amazing to be able to quarantine out in the woods with your loved ones. I hope it helps make the quarantine a little easier on you.

• November 13, 2020 at 1:13 pm

It definitely does. I am very lucky in that sense. Knowing others are isolated and unable to see any family members is heart breaking.

• November 12, 2020 at 9:18 am

This is a really great tag and a great way to share your story and offer advice to others who might be suffering and feeling alone! Looking after our mental health is SO important right now!

• November 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm

I totally agree. It is always important to look after ourselves but especially right now.

• November 12, 2020 at 1:49 pm

You are brave to talk about your mental health issues and that’s so inspiring, because we live in a world that still stigmatizes mental health. Thanks for being so open about it and actually share what has worked for you — that can help so many! I struggle with mental health issues myself, most still waiting diagnosis. I try to be open about it with people I know/meet and with clients (if it helps) but with most of it still undiagnosed it’s hard sometimes. You inspire me so much!

Luana

• November 13, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Aww those are very kind words. Thank you. People need to come forward and talk about it. We go to the doctors when we are feeling ill so let’s normalise going to the doctors when we feel mentally ill.

• November 12, 2020 at 2:40 pm

I’m definitely dreading the idea of the second lock down. I suffered throughout the first one and it was hard for me to deal with. Thank you for being so vulnerable and for talking about these issues

• November 13, 2020 at 1:15 pm

I am one of the few who doesn’t mind lockdown but that is entirely because of my circumstances. I appreciate how it is a difficult time for most people and it sucks!

• November 13, 2020 at 1:16 pm

You’re welcome. I hope you get involved.

• November 14, 2020 at 11:18 am

Good post. Answering this kind of questions can also help you to release your anxiety and depression. I hope you are feeling better now. Pls take care.

• November 14, 2020 at 11:37 am

This is such an open and relevant post, and I’m happy that you’ve shared your journey here. Thanks for sharing, stay safe x

• November 14, 2020 at 3:16 pm

Incredible post and tag idea! Thank you for sharing this with us! I’m so glad that you can talk to people about this.