Top 5 Ways To Up Your Tinder Game

Don’t wear a hat/sunglasses in every picture

If someone is wearing a hat in every single picture, I instantly wonder what they are hiding. Nobody wants to be hatfished!
Even if you wear a hat 24/7 in reality, please show us a hatless picture. I get guys may be a bit self-conscious about going bald but if you’re serious abiut meeting up, we are gonna see eventually. The same applies to sunglasses in every picture too. Stop hiding!

No hatfishers please
No hatfishers please

Leave out the passive aggressive bio

So your pictures are spot on. Hows that bio? I have come across some very passive-aggresive and downright rude bios before. These alone have made me unmatch or swipe left. There is a difference between appearing dominating if a sub/dom thing is what you’re looking for but coming across aggresively isn’t going to get you far.

Avoid the group photo trap

Ok, one group photo maybe but don’t let it be the first one we see. If all your photos are of you in a group or with someone else, you are going to be missing out on many matches. It’s great you’ve got loads of friends but it’s Tinder, we want to see you, not your mates.

The group trap
The group trap

Leave the filters for Snapchat

You may assume this is aimed at girls. Trust me, I have seen many guys using filters too. If you’re chatting to someone with the hopes of meeting them in person, they will find out you don’t have line-free Barbie skin, little cat ears, or ‘cute’ tattoo’d all over your face.

Actually use a photo of yourself

Pets, cars, blank boxes, full scuba outfit… Where is the picture of you? I don’t want to match with a cocker spaniel (even though he is very cute). These kind of profiles usually the bio “We shouldn’t be shallow and judge on looks. Get to know me first”. If this is how you feel, try one of the many other dating apps. Tinder is a shallow place. If you aren’t comfortable putting a picture up, then Tinder probably isn’t for you.
On the opposite end of the spectrum “Married man. Looking for extra curricular activities.” Again, there are much better websites if you want to be a cheating pr*ck.

Bloglovin’ | Twitter |
Instagram |

11 thoughts on “Top 5 Ways To Up Your Tinder Game

• Pingback:Meet the December advertisers - Laureny Loves...

• December 2, 2020 at 2:03 pm

I have no tinder game so this was an interesting read for me! I have been on other similar sites though

• December 11, 2020 at 9:50 pm

I think these “rules” can apply to all dating apps that require a photo.

• December 2, 2020 at 7:55 pm

I have never been on tinder but yes the overall takeaway is that on a dating appp you got to be yourself since come on, you are also meeting people, so others would like to see you too. Wonderful crisp article!

• December 11, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Thank you. Obviously people can lie on apps but if you are genuinely going to meet up with people, you really need to show yourself else it is just going to be awkward for everyone.

• December 3, 2020 at 1:09 am

YES! What is it with the obsession with filters? I have seen friends and family using pictures all over that you can’t even recognize… You see them in person and you think that you’re talking to someone completely different. I can totally see how that would cause issues with an app like Tinder!

• December 11, 2020 at 9:48 pm

Definitely! I think it is the worst thing to do if you are insecure about your appearance as you’ll always be comparing yourself to an unrealistic, filtered version.

• December 11, 2020 at 12:43 pm

These are some brilliant tips for Tinder. I don’t use Tinder but I think it’s best using an unfiltered photo without snapchat

• December 11, 2020 at 9:48 pm

I think these rules apply for most, if not all online dating. Even seeing overly filtered pictures of family annoys me. You’re pretty enough without editing your face.