Surviving Covid19 – 5 Positive Things from 2020

It is all too easy to focus on the negatives, that we forget about the positives. Our time in 2020 was a write off for many people – cancelled holidays and events, and even the loss of loved ones. It has been hard.
So, instead of dwelling on things we cannot change, let us focus on the good things that have happened.

The Positives of 2020
The Positives of 2020

19 thoughts on “Surviving Covid19 – 5 Positive Things from 2020

• January 20, 2021 at 10:16 am

I love this post! It is so important to focus on the positives rather than the negatives all the time. It has been such a tough year but I can think of so many wonderful things about the last 12 months and I will hold on to those rather than the negatives.

Thanks for sharing and well done on expanding your business x

• January 20, 2021 at 10:43 am

Although it was a hard year, I’m so glad you found the positives in it! It was a big year of growth for me and I realised all the love I had around me xx

• January 20, 2021 at 11:03 am

Living in the forest of Dean sounds amazing, I’ve been once before and it was gorgeous. It’s great you’ve had time to work on your business x

• January 20, 2021 at 11:21 am

I’m glad you found loads of positives to focus on 🙂 I live near a park so I was able to get out for walks. I also reignited my love of jigsaw puzzles, it’s so relaxing 🙂 xx

• January 20, 2021 at 11:35 am

It was a tough year, but I discovered shower bombs. I know, it’s nothing earth shattering but it did open up aromatherapy possibilities. Thanks.

• January 20, 2021 at 12:15 pm

I am glad you found plenty of positive things! The paw balm sounds great and so useful! WIll have to show it to my mum! Hope this year will bring you even more positive things x

• January 20, 2021 at 2:32 pm

I think it’s so important to step back and look at the positives rather than just getting caught up in all the negativity of 2020 (there is no shortage of challenges that came with this year). For me, having everything cancelled all of a sudden, forced me to realize that it’s okay to slow down. I was that person that was always on the go, refusing to just sit down and enjoy some downtime. Throughout 2020, I had more downtime than I could have ever imagined. What did this mean for my mental health? I was feeling happier, more relaxed and ready to take on the world when I was trying to be productive. As things begin to open back up again soon (hopefully), I want to carry this lesson forward and avoid just going back to what was normal before.

• January 20, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I’m so glad you found some positives that happened last year. I think it’s honestly the best way to cope with the craziness that happened. I was meant to move to Canada last year but covid put a stop to it. It took me a long time to get over that but because I couldn’t go I have finally been able to rent a house all to myself, that’s the positive from last year I am focusing on.

• January 20, 2021 at 3:04 pm

Its great that you’ve been able to look at the positives and have been able to find new friendships too. I definitely think 2020 taught us so much about ourselves that we probably would never have realised otherwise.

• January 20, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Love the positivity! Glad you had some bright spots throughout the year.

• January 20, 2021 at 5:26 pm

It was tough and sad that a lot of events and holiday occasions got canceled and stayed at home almost the entire year. However, glad that you had some good things.

• January 21, 2021 at 6:12 am

I agree, 2020 was also a time where I got out of my comfort zone! Just last year, I’ve finished my first YA novel and started my own blog! More on my accomplishments here if you’d like to read http://www.lifebeginsattwenty.com/2020/12/blessings-im-taking-with-me-in-2021.html. I’m glad you spent the time expanding your business and venturing to your other hobbies. 2020 was weird but something beautiful still sparks for all of us. God bless on your journey!

• January 23, 2021 at 11:24 am

At the moment I love love love positive posts about the current situation- when I’m reading the news even i try to find the lighter stories and positive aspects- if there are any! Thank you for sharing these thoughts on 2020 x

• January 23, 2021 at 12:15 pm

2020 was such a strange year but I think that there have been a few highlights for a lot of people. Taking time for myself has definitely been a highlight for me too 🙂 Also, paw balm is literally a genius idea! x

• January 23, 2021 at 1:38 pm

I discovered so many new hobbies and was able to devote more time to my blog! So for all 2020 sucked, it had it’s good moments

Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

• January 23, 2021 at 5:04 pm

This was a lovely post to read, I think it’s so important to find positives which we can reflect on. I recently wrote that I don’t actually think that 2020 was actually my worst year of rotating around the sun! I hope you continue to create positive memories and experiences this year ♡

Pixee ♡ | Thats What Pea Said

• January 23, 2021 at 6:41 pm

Aw Paw Balm is a very cute and incredibly important idea for dogs! I didn’t know it was a thing but it definitely makes sense. Love the design of the little pots, too. I’m glad you found positives in 2020, let’s hope 2021 will get better soon! X