Surviving Covid19 – 5 Positive Things from 2020

Expanding My Business

I am a holistic therapist and run my own business Forest Holistic Therapies. This is primarily massage, aromatherapy and reflexology, all of which I have been unable to do due to covid19.
I decided to put my aromatherapy skills into practice by creating Dog Paw Balm to help protect and moisturise paws in the cold weather. I even made little Christmas bags containing a balm, festive bow tie, treats and a silver paw charm. They were a huge success.
Whilst it does not make enough money to make a living on, it has helped me put my name out there, gaining my business page more followers and potential clients.

Dog Paw Balm, time
Dog Paw Balm
Building Friendships

Over lockdown I have been staying at home as much as possible and only socialising with my household. But there is only so much of my parents I can handle!
In February/March I made a new friend with a work colleague from my old job. He ended up becoming my social bubble so during the summer months we would go on short walks together, mostly involving drinking beer. He is now one of my best friends and I think if covid19 never happened, we probably wouldn’t be so close.

Time for Nature

I am really lucky to live in the Forest of Dean. I literally live in the woods so getting out every day is always a pleasure. With more time on my hands, I have been able to appreciate where I live so much more.

New Hobbies

With all this extra time on my hands, I needed something to keep me occupied. My dad got into water painting in January 2020 so one day, after complaining about being bored for half of it, I decided to pick up a paintbrush myself. I find it so much fun and therapeutic.

Water colour aquarium, time
Water colour aquarium
Time for Me

I have really enjoyed being able to put myself first. Getting back into a regular exercise habit has been so much fun. Running and Pilates especially. My skincare routine has been spot on with my skin probably in the best condition it has ever been.
I am also focusing on my mental health and learning how to switch off and relax, something that I find oddly difficult to do.

What good things happened to you in 2020? What are your goals for this year?

Check out my other Surviving Covid19 posts.
Mental Health
Bath Bombs

Bloglovin’ | Twitter |
Instagram |

19 thoughts on “Surviving Covid19 – 5 Positive Things from 2020

• January 20, 2021 at 10:16 am

I love this post! It is so important to focus on the positives rather than the negatives all the time. It has been such a tough year but I can think of so many wonderful things about the last 12 months and I will hold on to those rather than the negatives.

Thanks for sharing and well done on expanding your business x

• January 20, 2021 at 10:43 am

Although it was a hard year, I’m so glad you found the positives in it! It was a big year of growth for me and I realised all the love I had around me xx

• January 20, 2021 at 11:03 am

Living in the forest of Dean sounds amazing, I’ve been once before and it was gorgeous. It’s great you’ve had time to work on your business x

• January 20, 2021 at 11:21 am

I’m glad you found loads of positives to focus on 🙂 I live near a park so I was able to get out for walks. I also reignited my love of jigsaw puzzles, it’s so relaxing 🙂 xx

• January 20, 2021 at 11:35 am

It was a tough year, but I discovered shower bombs. I know, it’s nothing earth shattering but it did open up aromatherapy possibilities. Thanks.

• January 20, 2021 at 12:15 pm

I am glad you found plenty of positive things! The paw balm sounds great and so useful! WIll have to show it to my mum! Hope this year will bring you even more positive things x

• January 20, 2021 at 2:32 pm

I think it’s so important to step back and look at the positives rather than just getting caught up in all the negativity of 2020 (there is no shortage of challenges that came with this year). For me, having everything cancelled all of a sudden, forced me to realize that it’s okay to slow down. I was that person that was always on the go, refusing to just sit down and enjoy some downtime. Throughout 2020, I had more downtime than I could have ever imagined. What did this mean for my mental health? I was feeling happier, more relaxed and ready to take on the world when I was trying to be productive. As things begin to open back up again soon (hopefully), I want to carry this lesson forward and avoid just going back to what was normal before.

• January 20, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I’m so glad you found some positives that happened last year. I think it’s honestly the best way to cope with the craziness that happened. I was meant to move to Canada last year but covid put a stop to it. It took me a long time to get over that but because I couldn’t go I have finally been able to rent a house all to myself, that’s the positive from last year I am focusing on.

• January 20, 2021 at 3:04 pm

Its great that you’ve been able to look at the positives and have been able to find new friendships too. I definitely think 2020 taught us so much about ourselves that we probably would never have realised otherwise.

• January 20, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Love the positivity! Glad you had some bright spots throughout the year.

• January 20, 2021 at 5:26 pm

It was tough and sad that a lot of events and holiday occasions got canceled and stayed at home almost the entire year. However, glad that you had some good things.

• January 21, 2021 at 6:12 am

I agree, 2020 was also a time where I got out of my comfort zone! Just last year, I’ve finished my first YA novel and started my own blog! More on my accomplishments here if you’d like to read http://www.lifebeginsattwenty.com/2020/12/blessings-im-taking-with-me-in-2021.html. I’m glad you spent the time expanding your business and venturing to your other hobbies. 2020 was weird but something beautiful still sparks for all of us. God bless on your journey!

• January 23, 2021 at 11:24 am

At the moment I love love love positive posts about the current situation- when I’m reading the news even i try to find the lighter stories and positive aspects- if there are any! Thank you for sharing these thoughts on 2020 x

• January 23, 2021 at 12:15 pm

2020 was such a strange year but I think that there have been a few highlights for a lot of people. Taking time for myself has definitely been a highlight for me too 🙂 Also, paw balm is literally a genius idea! x

• January 23, 2021 at 1:38 pm

I discovered so many new hobbies and was able to devote more time to my blog! So for all 2020 sucked, it had it’s good moments

Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

• January 23, 2021 at 5:04 pm

This was a lovely post to read, I think it’s so important to find positives which we can reflect on. I recently wrote that I don’t actually think that 2020 was actually my worst year of rotating around the sun! I hope you continue to create positive memories and experiences this year ♡

Pixee ♡ | Thats What Pea Said

• January 23, 2021 at 6:41 pm

Aw Paw Balm is a very cute and incredibly important idea for dogs! I didn’t know it was a thing but it definitely makes sense. Love the design of the little pots, too. I’m glad you found positives in 2020, let’s hope 2021 will get better soon! X