Top 3 Care Tips for Elderly Parents

For the majority of the lockdown, I have been living with both of my parents. They are in their late 60’s and 70’s and fortunately very able and appear much younger than they are (physically and mentally). However, they are no spring chickens so thinking about their future care is important. Read on for my top 3 care tips!

Top Care Tips for Elderly Parents
Top 3 Care Tips for Elderly Parents*

11 thoughts on “Top 3 Care Tips for Elderly Parents

• March 1, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Great post! I love this idea, as it’s so important that people understand how to look after their parents- but also how to look after themselves if it is taking a toll on their mental or physical health. Thank you for these ideas x

• March 1, 2021 at 3:05 pm

These are great tips. Doing activities can be so beneficial to mental health and can also pass the time too.

• March 1, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Great tips. My parents aren’t elderly and I don’t have any grandparents left, so I don’t have an awful lot of elderly people in my life. But I’ve heard of people who have struggled with their elderly parents / grandparents during the pandemic, with loneliness etc. It breaks my heart.

• March 1, 2021 at 6:33 pm

Some great tips here for helping the elderly in general, especially as we come out of lock down keeping the mind active as well as the body is so important

• March 1, 2021 at 8:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and tips. I’m in the younger group of baby boomers, so I’m still active and working. I’ve thought a lot about my future and what I might need, financially and otherwise. I don’t want my daughter to be burdened with our care, so I’m trying to do what I can to stay healthy. I’m also getting rid of a lot of stuff. Who wants to sort through their parents’ belongings after they are gone? My own mother is 80 years old, and she is still very active. She rides a bike & keeps bees! We live far apart and the pandemic has put a hold on traveling to visit her, so we keep in touch by phone and through online video chats like Zoom.

• March 1, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Such a great post and I’m sure really helpful for many. I have no one this applies to around anymore sadly. I’m sure the pandemic has been very hard on the elderly :(. Siobhan ♡ | Vegan Babe Life

• March 2, 2021 at 10:01 am

Great tips! My grandad has struggled a lot with lockdown as he lives alone, companionship is so important and it’s horrible thinking of him being so lonely. We have regular phone calls but it’s not quite the same! Hobbies are so important too my neighbour says her painting is the only thing keeping her alive! Really lovely post!

• March 2, 2021 at 12:12 pm

Physical and mental activity is critical to staying young and vital. My mum is 88 and she has always been a avid walker. It’s what keeps her young. People I know tell me they see her walking about town all the time.

• March 2, 2021 at 2:10 pm

It is really important to take care of our parents. At old age people need love, care, time, and understanding from their kids. Thank you for sharing the great tips

• March 6, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Great tips. I try to be aware of my grandparents physical and mental needs. So overlooked and so important!